Friday, January 15, 2010

People in Need..


Every time I turn the TV on
I am reminded of the devastation in Haiti.
NO matter what channel,
NO matter what time,
the news is still showing images,
and the reality in Haiti
is still going on.
Yesterday, Simon caught a glimpse of the news
and asked what happened.
After explaining the situation to
my inquistive 4 year-old,
his face got SO sad.
We held hands together
and prayed out loud.
I want my son to have a taste of real life.
This is very important to me.
I want to shelter him in some ways,
but I also want my little boy to
LEARN COMPASSION FOR OTHERS...
to see that there is hurt out there...
to see that WE have a blessed life...
and we are called to
BLESS OTHERS
in ANY way we can.
Whether it be
PRAYING,
GIVING CLOTHING,
FOOD,
OR SPARE CHANGE...
there is ALWAYS something we can do!!!
I don't want to feel helpless
while I watch the terrible news...
I want to HELP in some way...
and encourage my son to learn to help.
Our challenge right now?
Collecting change...
it's simple...
it's not a lot...
BUT IT'S SOMETHING!
Proceeds will be sent to Haiti
through J Serra High School...
and hopefully...
get into the hands of those that are
in a time of GREAT NEED.
Be challenged today.
Bless others!

No comments: