Sunday, April 11, 2010

"Scrabble" Word Craft

I found an awesome blog,
that has a Scrabble Craft.
Just bought the game at a garage sale for 50 cents!
Here's a quick version of a Mini-Tutorial...
Check out the blog I found it on too!
Here's the Supplies:
Mod Podge
Scrabble letters
stamp pad
scrap paper
glue gun
and small piece of wood or old sign.
First, cut the paper the same size as the piece of wood.
Next, scrape the edges of the paper to create a "distressed" look.
There is a "distressed" ink pad, but I only had a regular one.
I was happy with the result of mine,
but if you have a few bucks, go buy a distressed pad for future projects.
After it got distressed,
I Mod Podged it to the wood.

Then, I cut a small strip to accent the sign,
and Mod Podged it on top in the middle.

Next, I gave each letter a distressed look.
Then I hot glue gunned letters in the middle of the sign.

All done!
It's that simple!
I chose "Yahweh"
because it means "I Am, or The Lord."
Something I want to be reminded of each and everyday...
that The Lord WAS...
He IS...
and ALWAYS will BE!
What's your word that inspires you?
Get crafting, ladies!

3 comments:

Hannah Herman said...

You were on "Making the World Cuter"!
I was looking through the Monday links and there your project was!

Alison @ Oopsey Daisy said...

This is such an adorable idea!! I have been wanting to give this scrabble word art a shot!! Thanks for sharing.

Alison
http://oopsey-daisy.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

I love this! I bet you could make a baby's name for a nursery or a shower gift. :)
And love your little elephant, by the way.
We have a friday fun finds party that's still going- we'd love it if you'd link up!