Monday, March 22, 2010

Fishing Fun

It was exactly 7 years ago that my romantic hubby
proposed....on Lake Mission Viejo!
Yes...my engagement ring was our tackle box!
We tried to explain that to Simon...
he said, "was I in Jesus' brain when you did that?"
I said, "Well..actually...Yes, you were."
What an insightful little guy!
Anyway...
we like to take him to our
FAVORITE place on earth...
no, not Disneyland...
the LAKE!Simon loves playing with the worms...
so do his adorable cousins!

In fact...
I tried having Dave take this picture,
and Braden was too engrossed in his worm stash...
while Simon was trying to grab the fishing pole away from me!



Oh...how we all love to fish.
Well, the kids actually liked the worms the best,
but we say they liked fishing.


One if Simon's favorite lines of the day...
"This is NOT fun, Mom!
We're not catching anything."
"Well I know Simon.
A REAL fisherman is patient."
That is a HARD concept for a 4 year-old.

Waiting can be hard for grow-ups too!
But...I was reminded yesterday...
The Lord is good,
to those who wait upon Him.
- Lamentations 3:25

We never caught any fish...
but they didn't mind by the end of the trip...
they still had their worms:)

No comments: