Monday, October 18, 2010

EASY Personalized Name Sign

This craft is super easy and under $2 to make!
First, take an old piece of wood from somewhere in your house...
this is an extra shelf that we didn't use
in our entertainment center.
Dave cut it in half and spray painted it white. Next, I cut out letters that spelled 'Lauren,'
which makes this sign nice and personal.
Then I Mod Podged the letters onto the sign.
Next, I painted a layer of Mod Podge over the top of the letters
to make a coating and adhere them to the sign.


Finally, Dave drilled holes in the top &
put wire so she could hang it.
Next, I added an accent ribbon at the top
and made a paper flower for the corner.
I hot glued the flower layers togther,
and used Gorilla Glue to stick it to the sign.


All done!
This is really a great idea for birthday gifts,
or any occassion that you need to bring a present.
If you have the supplies around the house,
get Mod Podge on sale at Michaels,
then you should be good to go!
Happy Crafting!

3 comments:

Terri-Lynn said...

Yeah! Thanks so much for sharing. Just today I was wandering around Michaels looking for letters for the kids rooms that fit my budget & style. Your idea is so much cooler and budget friendly.

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

SO pretty! Love the little flower embellishment. Love easy projects like this that look like a million bucks!

Unknown said...

This is too cute! I have been looking for cute sign ideas that wouldn't cost me a lot. I love this idea, and I know I have most of this stuff lying around.