Thursday, September 16, 2010

Handmade Fall Decor

I got some awesome scrapbook paper from
my good friend, Hannah (a fellow crafter).
It was perfect for a Fall craft
to spice up my mantle.
First, I took 4 small wood plaques
and fall-themed paper.
Next, I used the sold colors to cover the front of the plaques
in alternating colors.
Then I used the floral paper to make the letters,
that spelled "fall."
The next step was to Mod Podge the back of the paper
onto the front of the wood plaques.
Then Mod Podge the letters onto the paper
in alternating colors.
Next, Mod Podge overtop of everything
and let dry for a few hours.

Finally, I got some cute fabric
and cut out basic flowers.
I hot glued the fabric flowers on top of one another
to give it dimension.
Then added a button for the center.

All done!


Sorry the pics aren't great,
but you get the idea.
Hope you like it!
Try it at home for this Fall season,
then stick it away for next year.

Enjoy!

7 comments:

Terri-Lynn said...

Great idea! I think I might use some fall themed paper and do the word "Thanks" or something like that. Thanks for sharing :)

Laura said...

so cute! I'm gonna make these, thanks for the great idea!

Unknown said...

Adorable idea!
(and I love the landscape they are leaning against! So calming and serene.)

Becca Bertotti said...

Hey there ... I'm paying you a visit from Tatertots and Jello and must say that this is such a cute and creative project! They are perfect placed on your mantle, too. Thanks for the inspiration, Becca (Adventures in Decorating)

Mary Beth said...

I really like this idea... great for fall and can certainly be adapted for other seasons and occasions... just awesome!
{I'm visiting from Tatertots and jello as well}
mb from cupcakes and crinoline

MJ said...

Really like this idea....I just a fall project with canvases and leaves. I love this and might try it in the nursery with some cool paper.

Unknown said...

love it! come on over and link up to MMM :)