Friday, August 20, 2010

The Tree

Simon and I sat down for a little art project.
I asked him what he wanted to paint.
He said, "our tree,"
and pointed to our 'perfect tree'
(as we like to call it)....seriously, this tree is ridiculous!
It is the best lookin' tree I've ever seen...
strong, thick trunk,
big bushy top,
full, lush green leaves,
firm branches, &
deep roots.
When we first moved in this home in January,
it was completely empty...
not one single leaf was on the branches.
Now...it is the fullest tree I've ever seen.
Reminds me of my favorite verse:
" I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him,
he will bear much fruit;
apart from me
you can do nothing."
- John 15:5
Well...
I think I want to be like this tree...
firmly rooted,
strong in stature,
and able to bear much fruit in my life.
Every time I look in my backyard,
I am reminded of who I need to stay connected with!

No comments: